3 oz white rum
10 fresh mint leaves
2 oz blackberry simple syrup
juice of 1/2 lime
4 oz ginger ale
- Muddle, or crush, the mint leaves in the bottom of a cocktail shaker. Add ice, the rum, blackberry simple syrup, and lime juice. Shake and pour over fresh ice. Top with ginger ale. Use a sprig of mint and lime for garnish. Drop in a couple of fresh blackberries if you like. This is a sweet drink and can be double or tripled to make more. It is a great punch and you can take the blackberry simple syrup to make ice cubes.
Blackberry Simple Syrup:
Take 6 oz of blackberries. 4 cups of water and 4 cups of sugar. Bring to a light boil stirring to mix until sugar is dissolved. Add the berries to the syrup and continue to boil for 5 minutes. Crush berries and remove from heat. Let stand for at least 20 minutes. Strain berries and seeds making sure to squeeze out all the juice.
PREP TIME: 20 mins
TOTAL TIME: 20 mins
- 4 c. lemonade
- 1 c. vodka
- 1 c. water
- ½ c. blackberry basil simple syrup (recipe below)
- fresh blackberries, basil, and lemon slices (for garnish)
For Blackberry Basil simple syrup:
- ½ c. water
- ¼ c. sugar
- ½ c. fresh basil leaves, torn
- ½ c. fresh blackberries
- Prepare simple syrup by bringing water and sugar to a boil; remove from heat and stir in fresh basil leaves and blackberries.
- Use a potato masher or fork to mash blackberries and basil.
- Let stand until mixture is cooled, then use a fine mesh strainer to strain.
- In a medium pitcher, combine lemonade, vodka, water, and strained simple syrup.
- Garnish with blackberries, lemon slices, and fresh basil.
Notes: If you are in need of a summer drink in November you can use frozen blackberries or use blackberry juice (if you can find it). Torn basil leaves give more flavor than cut because just like paper it tears layers apart of more flavor.
TOTAL TIME: 5 min
2 ounces Lipton® Pure Leaf™ Green Tea with Honey
1 ounce vodka
1/2 ounce orange liqueur
1/2 ounce fresh lime juice
1/2 ounce cranberry juice cocktail
In shaker filled with ice, add all ingredients. Shake well, then strain into chilled Martini glass. Garnish, if desired, with lime peel.